11 March 2008

late-night sockiness

I finally turned the heel of my first Clessidra knee sock today. I started these socks back in October, but had to set them aside for Christmas knitting, and then I lost the pattern, etc etc. So long story short, it's been over 6 months and I am just now turning the heel for sock #1.

It's a beautiful sock, but I'm not thrilled with the pattern. I like it when sock patterns assume you've made a sock before and make it easy for you to knit the sock however you want to. This pattern assumes that you're working on dpns and also that you keep the same stitches on each needle every round. I don't do that. I always knit a few stitches from the next needle to prevent ladders. Also, I like a longer heel flap then what's called for, so my stitch count got off.

It's manageable, but the way the pattern is written makes it difficult to just GO. Hopefully I'll finish the gusset at SnB tomorrow night.

We're deep into midterms here at school, and I'm freaking out that I won't get everything done. It's like, I know that all the work will get done, I just have no clue how I will do it. Oy vey.

No comments: