I had a really nice time in DC over Spring Break. My uncle and I went to a lot of museums: Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian, the National Gallery, Air & Space, the Lincoln Memorial, the WWII Memorial, the Korean Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial. Very cool to see all those things I was too young to really appreciate the last time.
My knitting is going okay, but a bit slow. I'm working primarily on three things right now, the Swallowtail Shawl, the Mystic Light KAL Shawl, and a pair of Jaywalkers. Both of the shawls are projects for sitting quietly at home by myself, so I've been bringing the socks to SnB and school and stuff. I'm worried they won't fit quite right, but I'm only on the gusset of the first sock, so it's a bit premature to be worrying already (not that it's stopped me before!)
The Swallowtail is a great shawl. The main "budding lace" pattern is really simple, easy to memorize, and (most importantly) easy to read. It's really obvious if you've gotten yourself off in the pattern, so it's not so difficult that you have to sit in complete silence.
The nupps, however... I am in Nupp Hell (TM). I have decided it is actually impossible to p5tog in those sts, and so I have been using a teeny tiny crochet hook to work those stitches. I tried doing a sl2, K3tog, psso, but even that I found to be too difficult for the effort. I'm on the last row of the first border chart, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to knit the first Lily of the Valley chart again after the second one (as others have done) or not. I really don't want to have to deal with an extra 10 rows of Nupp Hell (TM) but I'm still not convinced the shawl will be as large as I want it, so the extra rows might be necessary.
I'll talk more about Mystic Light later.
No comments:
Post a Comment