Some professors try to prove how cool they are by ranting and raving against the bureaucracy of the university system. They bitch and moan about how stupid it is that they have to give tests and assign grades. They complain about the paperwork, about the uselessness of exams in determining whether students have learned anything, etc etc etc. Why is it that these professors are the ones whose sole advice for studying for the midterm consists of "learn everything we talked about in class and everything we didn't talk about in class"?
If anybody knows everything there is to know about the Constitution and the Supreme Court from 1790 through Reconstruction, my exam is at 2:40 tomorrow afternoon. Thanks.
In other news, I got a rather shocking text message Saturday night. My best friend from high school got engaged. She will be 22 this week. As much as I think getting married this young is a Bad Idea (tm) I am trying to be happy for her, and in an attempt to prove my acceptance of her terrible choices, I will knit her a shawl.
At this point, I've narrowed it down to (all Rav links) the Hanami Stole (her boyfriend proposed in DC, so the cherry blossoms in the stole are sort of sentimental), Queen Anne's Lace (I love this shawl. I want to make it), Eunny's Print of the Wave, the Bleeding Hearts Stole from IK Spring '08, the Autumn Grace Stole or the Celtic Knot Stole (because Eileen is quite Irish). I will put together some pictures of FOs for these shawls and I'll let her pick. She hasn't picked a date yet, so hopefully I'll have plenty of time to do this.
You know, in between studying for midterms, doing my homework, writing a thesis, finding a job, finding a roommate, finding an apartment, graduating from college, learning to be a grown-up, and (presumably) buying a dress I'll wear only once and participating in a wedding.
Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment