Sweaters: I'd like to get six sweaters done this year. The yoked cardigan is coming along, then Lily from Fall '08 Twist Collective is next in line. I already have a sleeve finished. Then I might return to the Burnished Tunic, which is really almost done. Maybe I should finish that up quickly before I start on Lily. It'll probably only take me a day or two to finish, I'm just not sure I'm that into the pattern anymore.
After those three, we move into hypothetical-land. Right now, I'm thinking the Climbing Vines pullover from IK Winter '08 in Malabrigo. I want to lengthen the sweater and give it full-length sleeves. I don't mind the idea of 3/4 length sleeves, but not on a worsted-weight sweater. I'd also like to do Amelia from Knitty Winter '08, in Dream in Color Classy, in black.
Depending on what my budget looks like, I might splurge for some Sundara instead of buying the DiC. I know I can get the Classy whenever I want it (including waiting till Christmas), but next month Sundara is putting out a butt-ton of colors, and I might buy two skeins of fingering silky-merino. Maggie just finished a raglan with some Sundara silky-merino and it is really lovely. I think I would do a top-down raglan cardigan, based off the Wicked pattern. Cabled rib at neck, and bottom of the sleeves and body, with 3 cables running down the length of the sweater on each side of the button band. We'll see what the colors look like.
Socks: I'd also like to knit six pairs of socks this year. I'm nearly finished with the Uptown Boot Socks in Malabrigo Sock. Next are Leyburns in KP Essential Kettle-Dyed, followed by Boyfriend Socks in Misti Alpaca. I ordered a skein of Sundara sock yarn last month. I've never tried Sundara before, so I'm excited to see what I think. I'm considering Firestarters. I wanted to do toe-up so I could use all the yarn. It just occurred to me, though, that all three of those socks are toe-up, and I really like top-down better, so I might alter a pair or two. We'll see.
Also planned for socks: I'd like to try to eek another pair out of the leftover Wollmeise. I'm thinking just plain stockinette, toe-up, with a short-row heel. I'm fairly confident I can get a decent sized pair of socks out of what's left.
Other: I have a couple lace shawls that are sitting on the back burner that I would like to finish this year. I started a pair of mittens in September, but I stalled out after mitten #1. I'm thinking I'll either rip out, or knit the second one. Also, I want to do an entrelac scarf in Noro Silk Garden for Carol Ann for Christmas, and maybe some hats for me. I'd like to try a beret/tam, because I've never worn one before.
No comments:
Post a Comment