14 February 2009

the week of sick

I was sick last week. All week. It was the opposite of what is good.

On Monday, I went to Boston. My cousin plays the violin and is a sophomore at New England Conservatory. She gave a recital on Monday night, and sweet baby Jesus that girl is talented. I hadn't heard her play in a few years and she is just phenomenal. I am so proud.

On Thursday, my doggie had surgery to remove some bladder stones. The operation went well, except that the bladder stones were a different kind than the vet was expecting, so they had to be sent out for testing. We'll know this week what that means, exactly.

Today is Valentine's Day, and I've spent the day alone in my room, procrastinating. My boyfriend sent me flowers on Thursday, and they are beautiful. My father said he sent me something, but the mail room is closed till Monday.

This coming week should be an awesome week for mail. First (and most boring) the last of my tax stuff should come this week, so I can get my damn taxes done. My dad sent me a V-Day present, so I'll get that Monday. The spring IK should be here on Tuesday, provided Dad remembers to mail it. My Sundara yarn should be here early this week as well. I admit I peeked online - so pretty! I can't wait to see what color I got.

On the knitting front, I finished the knitting on my yoke sweater. Unfortunately, I'm a little unhappy with the colorwork, so I am doing a metric ton of duplicate stitch. I need to get it blocked tomorrow so it will be dry by Tuesday. I'd like to cut the steek at SnB Tuesday night.

I also decided to frog the Lily pullover and do a top-down raglan cardigan instead. I'm making it a Wicked-inspired cardigan - cabled rib at the neck, bottom, and cuffs, with cables extending from the neck down the front edges, with elbow (or 3/4 depending on how much yarn I have) length sleeves. I've just started, but I think the project will be a good one, and will make a sweater I'll get a lot of use out of.

And so here, in honor of the Saint whose day is now technically over, one of my favorites, by e.e. cummings:

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Dude, I am so psyched to see you cut that steek! I get such a rush out of this crap - and yet am oddly calm when cutting my own. I guess I go all zen-ish.